Pro-Cal™ furnishes Calcium, Phosphorus and Magnesium in their proper ratio which is necessary to maintain a healthy body. The source for Vitamin D in Pro-Cal™ is Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol).
- Is a mineral that is necessary for life.
- Builds bones and keeps them healthy.
- Helps our blood to clot, nerves to send messages and muscles to contract.
- About 99 percent is in our bones and teeth.
- Each day, we lose calcium and our bodies cannot produce new calcium.
- Helps in more than 300 enzyme systems that regulate diverse biochemical reactions in the body, including protein synthesis, blood sugar control, and blood pressure regulation.
- Helps muscle and nerve function.
- Is required for energy production.
- Contributes to the structural development of bone.
- Is required for the synthesis of DNA, RNA, and the antioxidant glutathione.
- Plays a role in the active transport of calcium and potassium ions across cell membranes, a process that is important to nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction, and normal heart rhythm.
- Helps with formation of bones and teeth.
- Plays an important role in how the body uses carbohydrates and fats.
- Is also needed for the body to make protein for the growth, maintenance, and repair of cells and tissues.
- Helps the body make ATP, a molecule the body uses to store energy.
- Helps with Kidney function, Muscle contractions, Normal heartbeat and Nerve signaling
The national Institute of Health recommends the following intake during life:
|0-6 months*||200 mg||200 mg|
|7-12 months*||260 mg||260 mg|
|1-3 years||700 mg||700 mg|
|4-8 years||1,000 mg||1,000 mg|
|9-13 years||1,300 mg||1,300 mg|
|14-18 years||1,300 mg||1,300 mg||1,300 mg||1,300 mg|
|19-50 years||1,000 mg||1,000 mg||1,000 mg||1,000 mg|
|51-70 years||1,000 mg||1,200 mg|
|71+ years||1,200 mg||1,200 mg|
*Adequate Intake (AI)
Bones increase in size and mass during periods of growth in childhood and adolescence, reaching peak bone mass around age 30. The greater the peak bone mass, the longer one can delay serious bone loss with increasing age. Everyone should therefore consume adequate amounts of calcium and vitamin D throughout childhood, adolescence and early adulthood.
Calcium absorption is highest in doses of 500 – 600 mg or less.
To help with Restless Leg Syndrome or Muscle Cramps take one capsule in the morning and two capsules two to three hours before sleep.
*Claims made about products in this website have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or other treatment.